I have started thinking about how a week just past would rate out of 10, specifically the fitness side of my week. It occurred to me that before I could rate how a week has gone, I needed to think about and define what a perfect 10/10 week would be. That gives me something to target and goes some way towards allowing for fair comparison between weeks, even if they are months apart.
So what would I need to do to score a perfect 10/10 week? My goals would be the following;
- Meet my daily step count goal
- Sleep at least 8 hours every night
- Training for the week would be planned the weekend beforehand
- Training would be planned from an overall yearly plan
- Complete all of the training in the week’s plan
- Review the week and plan the next week
- Write a blog post (at the very least a weekly review and plan article)
- Follow a nutrition plan and log my eating and drinking
To complete all of that in a week would be little short of a miracle but that is kinda the point, to benchmark against the highest goal. The biggest stretch will be the nutrition piece but again, I wanted to define a ‘proper’ 10 out of 10 week.
So I’ll start reviewing my week soon, hopefully I can get somewhere close to 10/10 on a consistent basis. We’ll see!